A few interesting, art-related things I’ve seen in the past few weeks:
- The Christian moral imagination of Cormac McCarthy.
- Alex Ross writes, in one of his increasingly rare non-politically-inflected columns, about Bach’s religious music.
- The wonders of digital signal processing recreate the acoustics of Hagia Sophia in a modern concert hall.
- The cultured life is “an escape from the tyranny of the present”.
- In a similar vein, Roger Scruton praises the virtue of irrelevance, with special attention to the art of music.
- Finally, a group of mad animators have brought to life Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights: