Today is the 10th birthday of this weblog! It’s hard to believe that so much time has passed.
I’ve enjoyed writing in this space, and I’ve enjoyed getting to know people by means of it. Most of all I’ve enjoyed the fame and glory that have been showered upon me as my blog’s influence has spread far and wide and covered the globe.
This is apparently the 1362nd post since the blog began. As a way of marking the milestone, let me link to the five most popular posts I’ve done. I have no idea what they are, since I haven’t looked at my stats in several years. Let’s see… Ah yes, here they are:
- Building in the Middle Ages (2 March 2011)
- Halloween costume ideas from Bob Dylan (24 October 2008)
- Great moments in opera: La bohème (24 October 2011)
- Messiaen and bird song (11 May 2008)
- Favourites of 2008: Books (29 December 2008)
From this I deduce that 24 October is my best day to blog, and that I know of no way to predict what blog posts will be most popular.
My sincere thanks to everyone who takes the time to read All Manner of Thing. I wish you the very best, and I hope you’ll stick around for another 10 years.