This month marks the 400th anniversary of the death of Shakespeare. I hope to do a few Shakespeare-themed posts over the next few weeks, but I thought I’d start by collecting some from the past history of this web log:
- I eavesdropped at a master class in Shakespearean acting from the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- From the same source: versions of Shylock.
- I learned about Shakespearean pronunciation.
- I commented on film adaptations of Shakespeare.
- A review of one of my favourite film adaptations: Michael Almereyda’s Hamlet.
I’ve also covered a number of adaptations of Shakespeare in the “Great moments in opera” series:
It’s not much, considering how long I’ve been doing this.